In 1907, when Las Vegas was just a sleepy little railroad town, a dairy farmer named Harry Anderson started a dairy farm on a sparsely vegetated piece of land, way out in the countryside, across from what is now University Medical Center on West Charleston Boulevard.
With a little luck and a lot of hard work, Harry succeeded in raising a small herd of 10-15 milking cows.
Since this relatively new western town was without the modern convenience of refrigeration, Harry Anderson delivered his milk by horse-drawn wagon twice a day to ensure that his customers always had fresh milk. Wet burlap was draped over the bottles in the back of the wagon to keep them cool. A Las Vegas tradition was born!